- Preparing all tender documents, interior designs, electrical, BOQs and drawings…etc.,
- Coordinate and check to all requested works before construction and secure implementation time framework as well as the day to-day supervision, coordination, monitoring and follow up of all upgrade and rehabilitation works.
- Facilitate the approval of site setting and ensure exaction are done according to the specified and required standard.
- Monitor progress of civil works activities on day to day basis to ensure that the contractor complies with approved specifications, Bill of Quantities (BOQs) and work plan.
- Supervises the contractor and advises/proposes for correction in case of any defects/variation/additional/deletion of items identified as well as updates the Operational Manager on the work progress on weekly/monthly basis including any problems.
- Prepares monthly progress report and ensures completion of tasks on time and provides recommendation and clearance for payment for the works done after due verification of bills.
- Provides designs and BOQs for any additional works identified during implementation of specific civil works contracts, seeking approval from the PEF Manager for any changes
- Systematically gathers and stores data, information, opinion and feedback, to check its validity, evaluates it and order it to enable conclusions to be drawn.
- Conduct on site investigations and analyze data (maps, reports, tests, drawings and other).
- Ability to evaluate the bids as technical and financial evaluation and choose the best contractor.
- ensuring projects run smoothly and structures are completed within budget and on time.
- Ability to review all payments from the contractor and complete all financial issues with PEF financial department
- Performs other duties as required.
- Minimum of eight years of practical experience in civil engineering and site works
- Practical experience with NGOs or CBOs would be an asset.
- Experience of working in teams and coordinating with project/program personnel located in distant offices
Competency and skills
- Understanding of time and cost implications of decisions and the ability to priorities and identify critical issues.
- Core competence in Planning, Cost Estimating, Risk Management, Performance, Management, Quality & Delivery Assurance;
- Experience of constructing and presenting all documents and reports in an appropriate manner.
- Plans ahead, schedules and prioritizes activities in order to ensure resources are available to meet objectives. Setting of goals to achieve plan and meet quality standards.
- Preparing, monitoring, agreeing and controlling critical elements of the process and liaising with all parties to ensure task.
- Identifying and communicating potential threats and variations to budget and project.
- Anticipating problems and changes to plan and having the courage to tackle them through employing both tried and tested and innovative thinking where applicable.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the importance of health, safety and the environment in the context of the project
- Sound mathematical, scientific and IT skills, excellent verbal and written communication skills, negotiating, supervisory and leadership skills
- Good familiarity with all types of materials, goods and estimated cost for any works.
- Assessing the sustainability and environmental impact of projects.
Palestinian Environmental Friends Association (PEF) is an equal opportunities employer. Women are encouraged to apply for this position
Interested candidates should submit their CVs, certificates and supporting documents through Apply Now – تقدم الآن لهذه الوظيفة
– Submission deadline is: Thursday 19 , December 2019 ، 2pm .
– Only shortlisted will be contacted.
For inquiries, please call the Association’s telephone number: 2131506