MEAL Officer وظيفة
- Reviews and refines program monitoring and reporting tools in line with PEF’s MEAL system and donor requirements.
- Coordinates all aspects of program monitoring and reporting ensuring data is of high quality and produced on time.
- Collects articles, case studies, best practices across PEF projects for evidence gathering and format so they are suitable for external audiences.
- Assist the Executive Manager, Projects Coordinator in designing and coordinating baselines, valuations, Quarterly staff workshops, and trainings.
- Provides technical assistance on monitoring and data collection to field officers, volunteers, and local partners.
- Shares good news stories, and case studies via PEF’s social media platforms internal and external.
- Works with communities to develop systems for screening and selecting beneficiaries and for monitoring project work to ensure maximum impact.
- Maintains beneficiary records for all projects in a functional database system.
- Produces, Prepares and Ensures timely (Monthly, Quarterly and Annually) inputs, and Monitoring and Evaluation reports based on agreed indicators that will guide the decision making and program implementation, as required, and any other required reports.
- Writes project impact briefs and success stories in Arabic and English.
- Follow-up feedback mechanisms such as complaints system for all PEFs projects
- Coordinates, together with Projects Coordinator the action plans and frameworks of the projects
- Conducts qualitative and quantitative surveys of program impact to assure the project goals are being met and that the PEF team is able to constantly improve the quality of program implementation
- Ensures that program field activities and events meet minimum PEF standards in their delivery and planning.
- Checks staff recruitment, selection and training to determine whether they adhere to minimum standards.
- Conducts spot checks with staff, beneficiaries and stakeholders to ensure Values, Policies and Codes of Conduct.
- Supports on documentation and dissemination of program and M&E Information to placement communities and local stakeholders within appropriate PEF’s minimum standards of quality.
- Works closely with the Executive Manager and Projects Coordinator in updating the organization performance dashboard in monthly basis.
- Assists in design, review and innovation of program quality and learning frameworks of projects.
- Oversees the work of consultants working on MEAL tasks.
Data Management Monitoring and Reporting :
- Coordinates all aspects of project monitoring and reporting ensuring data is of high quality and produced on time.
- Collates reports, articles, case studies, best stories from PEF projects for compilation into status reports and database sheet in monthly basis.
- Works closely with the Executive Manager and Projects Coordinator to produce qualitative and quantitative quarterly reports and ensuring internal sign off is adhered.
- Assists the Executive Manager and Projects Coordinator in designing and coordinating need assessments, baselines, mid-term evaluations, end-line evaluations, audit and annual project reviews
- Develops ToRs for MEAL consultancy services such as baseline and endline assessments.
- Assists the project coordinator in developing and revising the MEAL frameworks and plans for the projects.
- Provide technical assistance and training on monitoring and data collection to Field monitors, promotors, community mobilizers, and local community committees.
- Tracks data quality based on review of data generated by M&E through base line, end-line, and KAP surveys or Audits.
- Determines issues with data collection tools in the field and recommends to the M&E improvements thereof.
- Maintains and gathers project statistics and disaggregated data by gender and age regarding number and beneficiary profiles, type and quantity of assistance provided, and any other quantitative and qualitative information required by the program.
Support program implementation :
- Supports PEF in identifying and address challenges in the program performance to ensure project objectives, outcomes, impacts, and outputs are achieved in line with the resources available and project frameworks.
- Conducts field visits on a frequent basis to project sites to monitor community / stakeholder participation, project activities, provide technical assistance and troubleshoot along with the team.
- Serves as a role model at all times, personally embodying PEF’s mission and values, whilst helping to ensure that PEF’s code of conduct, policies and standards are understood and adhered to in practice by all staff, volunteers and stakeholder
- In consultation with Executive Manager, Projects Coordinator, review training needs for staff and other data sources including plan appropriate capacity building training on quarterly basis.
Finance management and accountability:
- Ensures PEF resources (monetary or equipment) are protected and never miss-used by staff, volunteers, or beneficiaries.
- Ensures that all requisitions and retirements are appropriately authorized; and that all expenditure is backed up by genuine receipts and documents.
- Be accountable to PEF funds requested on your behalf by either the Executive Manager or any other staff within or out of the association.
- Upholds all financial policies and procedures for PEF, and proactively prevent risks within the project which could jeopardize PEF’s Values, Policies and Code of Conduct, and donor compliance
- Ensures value for money is obtained on all activities, goods and services for the project.
Support Partnerships and Visibility:
- Works closely with the Executive Manager and Projects Coordinator to develop PEF strategic partnerships to engage with different stakeholders.
- Attends different learning and sharing events such as meetings, workshops, seminars, radio programs, TV, etc. as appropriate.
- Provides support on public and donor related documents as required
- Assists in preparations of briefing papers and summary findings of reports and researches
- Other duties as required.
- You may, occasionally, be required to work on weekends and/or public holidays, for which time off in lieu will be granted.
Competencies and skills
- Demonstrates integrity by modeling the PEF’s values and ethical standards.
- Promotes the vision, mission, and strategic goals of the PEF.
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability.
- Practices the principles of fair treatment and no harm.
- Demonstrates very good understanding of and experience in monitoring, evaluation, learning, accountability and results-based management.
- Demonstrates ability to solve problems in the field with partners, local committees and beneficiaries.
- Outstanding writing skills, with proven ability to meet tight deadlines.
- Communicates sensitively, effectively and creatively across different constituencies.
- Very strong organizational and planning skills.
- Good IT skills, including databases and office software packages.
- Good skills to use the web based systems and mobile applications, online and offline data collection, analysis and reporting forms and systems.
- Very good familiarity with gender equality issues and data protection polices and procedures..
- Ability to multi-task.
- Focuses on impact and results for the donors/organizations and other stakeholders
- Interacts effectively with colleagues and partners
- Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude
- Identifies opportunities and builds strong relationships with clients and partners
- Demonstrates exceptional ability to remain calm, in control and good humored even under pressure and tight deadlines
- Participates effectively in team-based, information-sharing environment, collaborating and cooperating with others
- Takes initiative and solves anticipated and real problems.
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
Monitoring and evaluation, social sciences, Research, Engineering, Management or any other relevant field.
Business administration, communications, , international relations, or a related field.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in monitoring, evaluation learning and results-based management.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in reporting (internal and donors) using results based management principles
- Demonstrated knowledge of bilateral and multilateral donors reporting requirements
- Demonstrated experience of assessing progress and sustainability of projects/programs of identifying timely corrective action
- Demonstrated experience of building and maintain a reliable MEAL database on the status of project implementation, delivery, evaluations and reporting
- Minimum of 2 years of experience of supporting capacity of the partner organizations in the areas of planning, MEAL and reporting
- Experience of evaluating the effective and efficient use of project inputs and impact.
- Experience of working in teams and coordinating with project/program personnel located in distant offices
- Experience of producing MEAL Guidelines, frameworks and training material
- Demonstrated experience in capturing learning and documenting lessons learned
- Fluency in English (written and oral)
Palestinian Environmental Friends Association (PEF) is an equal opportunities employer. Women are encouraged to apply for this position
Interested candidates should submit their CVs, certificates and supporting documents through Apply Now – تقدم الآن لهذه الوظيفة
– Submission deadline is : Tuesday 24 , August 202012، pm .
– Only shortlisted will be contacted.
For inquiries, please call the Association’s telephone number: 2131506